The HUB GYDP is based in Carlow town and works from our different buildings.
What do we do?
The HUB GYDP is community based; multi-agency crime prevention initiatives which seek to divert young people from becoming involved (or further involved) in anti-social and/or criminal behaviour by providing suitable activities to facilitate personal, positive, social and personal development, civic responsibility and long-term employability prospects.
This work is done through:
- One to one work
- Small group work (as required)
- Interventions that are planned looking at offending behaviour, substance misuse, peer relations, family relationships, education/training, attitudes, behaviors and leisure time.
- Work to learn- Work experience module
- Liaison with relevant agencies to the young person’s needs
Who do we work with?
Young People age 12 -18 years referred to the project
What can Young People expect?
A Youth justice worker who will:
- work with you to address your needs.
- listen to you.
- offer support and advice.
- empower you to make changes.
- advocate for you when necessary.
What can Parents expect?
A Youth Justice worker who will:
- work with you to achieve the best outcomes for your young person.
- provide a safe place for your young person.
- provide a professional service.
For further information, please contact:
The HUB is run by JJ Grace and Aisling Reade. They can be contacted by phone or email.
JJ Grace- 0867525586 email@example.com
Aisling Reade– 085 7132751 firstname.lastname@example.org
GYDPs are funded by the Department of Justice and Equality through the Community Programmes Unit of Irish Youth Justice Service (IYJS) and co-funded under the European Social Fund as part of the ESF Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020